Shurpa is a hearty soup, it’s filling and healthy. It reminds me of chili or beef stew; the flavors are right on and the combination of ingredients feel light on the stomach. The best part is that it reheats very well, so you can have it lasting for days.
For beef, you can pretty much use any cut. I would, however, recommend cuts with less fat, as they keep the soup on a lighter side.
Other Soups you will Love
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare all ingredients for the recipe.
- In a preheated oiled pot, sautee onions until they're golden brown.
- Add in beef, sautee until all sides of beef are golden brown. Season with paprika, pepper and salt to taste.
- Add in 5 quarts of water. Let it simmer for at least 60 minutes.
- Add in carrots, tomatoes and bell peppers. Let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add in potatoes, pressed garlic and fresh herbs. Let the soup simmer until the potatoes are fully cooked.
- Season with more salt if necessary.
- Serve soup while it's still warm.