I was first introduced to biscotti by our landlord, when my family just moved to US. She owned a biscotti factory. I quickly fell in love with the crispy texture and the way it melts in your mouth with a sip of a coffee.
Biscotti are actually quite simple and quick to make.When preparing your own biscotti at home, you get to enjoy the beautiful aroma while they are baking.
Share Some Love ❤️
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix oil together with sugar until well blended. Mix in the vanilla and almond extracts, then beat in the eggs.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking powder; gradually stir into egg mixture.
- Mix in cranberry and almonds by spatula.
- Form a log, on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Dough may be sticky; wet your hands with cool water to handle dough more easily.
- Bake for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until log is light brown. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool for 10 minutes, make sure they are cool enough to be cut, otherwise they will break in pieces. Reduce oven heat to 275 degrees F.
- Cut log in diagonal into 3/4 inch thick slices. Lay on sides on parchment covered cookie sheet. Bake approximately 8 to 10 minutes, or until dry; cool.
- Serve with coffee and tea.