These M&M Cookies are chewy and soft, filled with a crunch of M&M chocolates.
These cookies are the best cookies you will try. Typically it's hard to have that perfect consistency of chewy and soft. But, with this recipe you get the perfect result with almost no effort.
What makes these M&M Cookies special is that you can choose the colors of M&M's to match the season or decorations. I chose red and green for Christmas. You may choose orange during the fall or use all the colors for kid's birthdays, kids love colorful cookies.
How to Make the M&M Cookies
- Whisk together butter with confectioners and brown sugar until fluffy.
- To the mixture add in egg, vanilla and pinch of salt. Whisk to combine together.
- Combine flour with baking soda and baking powder. Slowly add flour mixture to the mixing bowl. With this step start mixture on low speed otherwise, flour can make a huge mess in your kitchen.
- Add half of the M&M's to the dough, leave the rest for the cookie tops.
- To keep the cookie sizes consistent, use an ice cream scoop to form the cookies. Place them on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake M&M cookies at 350F for 7-11 minutes, depending on the size. When cookies are warm they may look soft, but as they cool down they will begin to harden. Be careful not to over-bake them.