15-Minute Avocado Hummus is a perfect and easy avocado recipe. For those of your that love avocado, this will be on repeat at your house!
If you love avocado spreads, you will love our 5 Minute Garlic Avocado Spread recipe.
15-Minute Avocado Hummus has a nice balance of flavors: citrus, spice and avocado. But, if you want to avoid the spice factor, skip on red pepper flakes and jalapeños altogether.
To preserve avocado color, leave avocado pit inside the mixture. This will prevent it from browning. Also using citrus in avocado spreads helps preserve the color for a longer time.
How to Ripen Avocados
The quickest way to ripen avocados is to place them in a paper bag with apples, but once avocados are softened, you should refrigerate them. Another way to ripen them is to just keep avocados at room temperature. This process takes a little longer but works just as great.
Does Avocado Have Protein?
Avocados typically have about 2 grams of protein. This is a very important fact to our family because my husband is a gym junky, so everything we eat must have protein.. Lol!
Other Easy Avocado Recipes to Try
Share Some Love ❤️
- 3 medium avocados
- 15 oz canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lime for the juice
- parsley optional
- salt to taste
- red pepper flakes to taste
- Gather all the ingredients for the avocado hummus.
- In a food processor, blend the avocado, chickpeas, herbs, garlic, oil, lime juice, and jalapeños. If you like it on the spicier side, add a couple of shakes of red pepper flakes.
- Once the ingredients are blended, season the hummus to taste with salt.
- Keep the avocado hummus sealed in an airtight container in the fridge until you're ready to serve it.