Air Fryer Tortilla Chips will be your new family favorite! With just three ingredients, you can make extra crispy, guilt-free chips. This air fryer recipe will be on repeat in your home!
Air Fryer Tortilla Chips have become a family favorite in our home. You will love how quick they are to make and when they come out fresh, warm and crispy… we go bananas. Not only are these tortilla chips crispy and delicious, but they’re a healthier option! Instead of being fried in oil, they only need a small amount of oil for air frying.
How to Make Air Fryer Tortilla Chips?
- Cut into Triangles. Start by cutting each tortilla into triangles. Cut them into similar sized triangles for even cooking.
- Spray with Oil. Working in batches, spray the air fryer basket with oil and add a layer of the tortilla triangles. Spray them with oil to coat and season with salt.
- Air Fry. Air Fry at 350°F for 8-10 minutes until crispy, tossing the chips every few minutes for even cooking.
Hot Tip: The cooking time will depend on the thickness of the tortilla, triangle size, and the size of your air fryer basket.
Serving Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
Air Fryer Tortilla Chips are great served with salsa and/or guacamole – you can use store bought or try making them from scratch, it’s surprisingly easy! Optionally make a big batch of chili to use as a hearty dip for the chips. You can even make nachos with roast beef for a filling appetizer or fun dinner.
How to store homemade chips?
Store homemade chips in an airtight container at room temperature. Allow the tortilla chips to cool before storing.
How long will corn tortilla chips last?
Corn tortilla chips will last for about 5 days when stored at room temperature. After the 5 days, they will lose some of their fresh and crisp taste.
Best tortilla for air fryer chips?
Corn tortillas, yellow or white, are the best tortilla for making crispy air fryer chips. You can use flour tortillas, but you may need to use additional oil.
How to reheat tortilla chips in an air fryer?
To reheat tortilla chips in the air fryer, spray them with a little more oil and air fryer for 2-3 minutes at 350°F. This will crisp the chips back up.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Salmon – Tender, juicy salmon in under 15 minutes.
- Air Fryer Cod – A healthier alternative to fried fish.
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges – Crispy like french fries without the deep frying.
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries – All you need is 4 ingredients and less than 20 minutes.
- Air Fryer Asparagus – Crispy asparagus in under 10 minutes with very little oil or fat!
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp coarse sea salt
- Cut the tortillas into triangles.
- Spray the air fryer basket with oil. Add the cut tortilla triangles, spray them with a bit more oil to coat and season with salt, to taste.
- Air Fry at 350°F for 8-10 minutes. For even cooking, toss them every 3 minutes. (You may need to cook the chips in separate batches to avoid overcrowding)