These air fryer buffalo cauliflower are the perfect balance of tangy, tender, and crunchy. Great for dipping!
Air fryer buffalo cauliflower, also referred to as air fryer buffalo cauliflower wings, are a great vegetarian substitute for traditional chicken wings. Made in less than 15 minutes and with just four ingredients, they make for a quick and healthy appetizer or entree.
In addition, this recipe calls for absolutely no breading. The magic of the air fryer gives the cauliflower a super nice crisp all on their own. That means there’s no need for splattering oil OR messy batter.
How to Make Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
Making air fryer buffalo cauliflower only requires four ingredients and a couple of simple steps. Below, find an overview of the recipe before diving in.
- Slice the Cauliflower: Using a sharp knife, slice half a head of cauliflower into even-sized florets.
- Make the Sauce: In a large mixing bowl, whisk the buffalo sauce, garlic powder, and salt together until well-combined.
- Toss the Cauliflower: Pop the florets into the bowl and toss to coat.
- Air Fry the Cauliflower: Assemble the florets in a single layer in the tray of the air fryer. Cook them for about 10 minutes at 380°F. Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce!
Air Fryer Recommendation: In the market for an air fryer? I’ve been obsessed with my COSORI Air Fryer Max XL. It has a huge tray that feeds four and features 13 different nifty presets.
Tips for Making the Best Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower
Below, find some pro tips to help you make the best buffalo cauliflower in the air fryer.
- Slice the cauliflower into similar-sized pieces. The more uniform your cauliflower florets, the more evenly they will cook.
- Lay the cauliflower in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Avoid stacking or layering the cauliflower in the air fryer basket. The key is to create as much surface area as possible for the hot air to hit for maximum crispiness.
- Toss the cauliflower to coat them evenly. Just like you would with chicken wings, toss the florets a couple of times in the bowl to make sure each one is evenly coated in the buffalo sauce.
Serving Buffalo Cauliflower
Serve air fryer buffalo cauliflower alongside your favorite creamy dipping sauce for a fun appetizer or veggie entree. Just like with traditional buffalo chicken wings, blue cheese dressing and ranch dressing are great options. For a more well-rounded meal, pair the cauliflower with air fryer potato wedges, air fryer sweet potato fries, or caesar salad. Don’t forget to slice up some carrot and celery sticks!
Storing Buffalo Cauliflower
- Refrigerator: Store leftover air fryer buffalo cauliflower in an airtight container in the fridge. It will keep fresh for up to 3 days.
- Freezer: To freeze leftover air fryer buffalo cauliflower, allow it to first cool completely. Assemble the florets in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Pop the entire sheet in the freezer for 1-2 hours, or until the florets are completely frozen. Transfer them to a freezer-safe bag and store them for up to 3 months.
Reheating Tip: The best way to reheat refrigerated or frozen buffalo cauliflower is in the air fryer, toaster oven, or conventional oven. At all costs, avoid microwaving the cauliflower or it will turn soggy.
Why is my buffalo cauliflower soggy?
Your buffalo cauliflower likely turned out soggy if you added too much sauce before air frying. To remedy soggy cauliflower, simply air fry the florets for a couple more minutes or until they’re crispy enough for your liking.
How long does it take to cook air fryer buffalo cauliflower?
It only takes 10-13 minutes to cook air fryer buffalo cauliflower at 380°F.
Are air fryer cauliflower wings crispy?
Yes, when done right, air fryer cauliflower wings should turn out super crispy. To nail the texture, make sure you assemble the florets in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
Are air fryer cauliflower wings healthier than chicken wings?
Yes, cauliflower wings are healthier than chicken wings. The firm texture of cauliflower makes it perfect for air frying, while the veggie naturally has no cholesterol and minimal calories.
What’s the difference between buffalo sauce and hot sauce?
The main difference between buffalo sauce and hot sauce is buffalo sauce contains butter. This adds a nice creaminess to the sauce and makes it perfect for tossing.
More Tasty Finger Foods Try
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings – Guilt-free crispy wings
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings – Air fryer buffalo wings with a tangy sauce
- Easy Crab Puffs Recipe (Crab Ragoons) – Crab and cream cheese puffs
- Easy Marinated Mushrooms (Only 15 Minutes of Prep) – Tangy marinated mushrooms
Share Some Love ❤️
- Slice the cauliflower into bite-sized florets. Gather your sauce ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the buffalo sauce, garlic powder, and salt.
- Add the cauliflower florets into the bowl and toss until evenly coated in the buffalo sauce.
- Place the florets in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook at 380°F for 10-13 minutes.
- Enjoy alongside your favorite creamy dipping sauce!