This recipe was born out of an urge to create a filling, flavorful and a healthy soup for the winter. I was inspired by a similar soup that my grandmother used to make inside a pizza oven. I quickly got to work and came up with this recipe.
Tip: It’s not necessary to marinate the meat, but doing so will add a greater depth of flavor to the soup.
Share Some Love ❤️
- 1 lb Pork
- 1 large Onion marinate
- 1 large Onion for the soup
- 2 large Carrots
- 1 1/2 cup White Beans
- 4 qt Boiled Water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Dill to garnish
- Cut pork into 2 inch cubes. Marinate pork cubes under the sliced onions. Press down on the onions, to produce the juice. Leave marinating overnight.
- Fry all sides of the meat to golden brown. Add cubed onions and sliced carrots to the meat. Saute until golden brown.
- Add white beans and hot boiled water. Lower heat to medium-low. Cook for an hour and a half. You may need to add more water as you cook the soup, as beans do tend to absorb water as they are cooking.
- Serve hot, garnished with dill.