This is one of my first adventures into the canning world. I like when things are simple, and canning did not appear to be that easy. I was wrong on this one; this recipe is actually as easy as it gets.
I’ve had time to test these already and must say – they’ve turned out wonderful. The next step, is to use them for baking pastries.
Share Some Love ❤️
- 4 qt Cherries
- 1 qt Sugar
- In this recipe, I've removed pits from the cherries. An easy way to remove them is by pushing them out with a straw.
- Place cherries in a pot, cover with sugar and let it stand overnight. During this time, It will produce juice.
- The following day, cook cherries until boiled. Once they are boiled, cook them for only 5 minutes, so they do stay firm.
- You would need to sterilize jars; here is how it’s done. Wash all jars and lids, preheat oven to 215F, and place all jars and lids in the oven, keep them there until they are all dry.
- When you remove jars form the oven, they will be hot, let them cool and fill them up with cooked cherries. Cover each one with the lid and store it in a cold place.