Liver cakes are very common in Slavic weddings. These weddings remind me of a movie, My Big Fat Greek wedding. The food is a huge part of the celebration and there are so many different dishes to choose from.
Liver is an unusual choice of food, but it is common in European dishes.
Other Recipes You Will Love
Share Some Love ❤️
- Rinse the chicken liver under cold running water. Using a blender or grinder, blend the chicken into tiny pieces.
- Add sour cream, egg, salt, pepper, and flour to the blended chicken liver. Pulse the mixture a couple of times to combine.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat with a little bit of oil. Pour a thin layer of the liver mixture onto the skillet.
- Cook each side for a couple of minutes until golden brown. Set it aside to cool at room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, combine the pressed garlic, diced dill, and mayonnaise.
- Assemble the cake by alternating a liver crepe with a layer of the mayonnaise mixture. Repeat until you run out of crepes.
- Refrigerate the crepe cake for at least an hour before serving. Slice and enjoy!