Liver cakes are very common in Slavic weddings. These weddings remind me of a movie, My Big Fat Greek wedding. The food is a huge part of the celebration and there are so many different dishes to choose from.
Liver is an unusual choice of food, but it is common in European dishes.
Other Recipes You Will Love
Share Some Love ❤️
- Rinse chicken under cold running water. Cut chicken liver into tiny pieces, using a blender or a grinder.
- Add sour cream, egg, salt, pepper and flour to the liver. I used the blender to make it easier to combine the rest of the ingredients together. You can also use a mixer.
- Preheat skillet on a medium heat with a little bit of oil. Pour a thin layer of batter onto the skillet.
- Cook on each side until golden brown. Set aside to cool to a room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, combine pressed garlic together with diced gill and mayonnaise.
- Start layering the cake, placing the first layer of liver crepe, followed by mayonnaise and repeat until you ran out of crepes. I used about 7 crepes per cake.
- Refrigerate before serving.