This tart is very rich, loaded with chocolate and a nice crunch of hazelnuts. Definitely a chocolate lover’s dessert. Recipe was given to me by one of the followers. She has been making this tarts for a while now and shared all the little secrets.
I prepared it for my husband’s birthday, and when he took his first bite he said “the best tasting cake in the world”. Well, I definitely knew why, he absolutely loves chocolate and this was hitting his taste buds.
Tip for a perfect slice:
Run knife under hot water and wipe excess water with a napkin. Repeat each time you slice.
Other Hazelnut Cakes to Try
Share Some Love ❤️
- 1 cup Gram Crackers finely ground
- 3/4 cup Hazelnuts ground
- 1/4 cup Cacao Powder
- 4 tbsp Convectional Sugar
- 5 tbsp Coconut Oil melted
- Blend hazelnuts in a food processor until fine, don’t over blend, otherwise they can turn into buttery texture.
- In a bowl, mix hazelnuts together with graham crackers, cocoa powder, confectioners sugar and melted coconut oil.
- Using a 7 inch baking dish or a tart dish, press the mixture to the bottom and the sides of the pan. The tart should be about two inch high. Bake at 400F for 10 minutes.
- Whisk eggs, milk and condensed, together in a pot milk.
- Turn the heat on medium low, continue whisking while cooking, until the mixture thickens. Be sure to keep on mixing, otherwise it will burn and stick to the bottom. Once the mixture thickens to the texture of condensed milk, turn the heat off, stir in chocolate chips and continue stirring until all chocolate is melted.
- Pore the mixture into the prepared tart crust. Refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat pot to a medium low heat, add chocolate chips and milk, continue stirring while melting the chocolate. Add honey into the mixture. Mix well to achieve an even mixture.
- Let the mixture cool to a room temperature, spread evenly over the top of the tart. Decorate as you wish and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.