Potato skins was a favorite dish of mine, in my early 20’s. I used to go to a specific restaurant just to place an order for them or purchase them frozen, from a grocery store.
Preparing homemade Gnocchi allowed for a perfect opportunity to make this heavenly deliciousness. This is such an easy dish to prepare, that your whole family would enjoy.
Other Potato Recipes to Try
Share Some Love ❤️
- 8 medium Potatoes
- 2 cup Cheddar Jack or Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 Scallions
- 12 oz Bacon
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- Bake potatoes at 400, for about an hour. Spoon out the inside (you can use it for gnocchi, mashed potatoes or dumplings filled with potatoes). Place skins on a baking sheet.
- Dice scallions and set aside. Slice bacon into small pieces and cook on a frying pan until crispy.
- Fill each potato skin with bacon and shredded cheese. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Top each one with scallions and a dollop of sour cream.