Making homemade pasta by hand is very simple because pasta dough is easy to work with. As a bonus, you’re getting a nice upper body work out while rolling out the dough. 🙂
I like using her recipe when I have egg yolks left over, after baking Macarons. But during the days we don’t have egg yolks laying around, I’ve been sticking to this recipe.
This is one of those universal dishes, which everyone likes. I often prepare this with Alfredo Sauce when we’re hosting people we don’t know. It always does its job and people come back asking for the recipe!
Pasta Recipes to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- Combine together flour and salt. Add whisked egg and olive oil to the flour, mix in flour with eggs by using a spoon or a mixer.
- Continue kneading pasta by hand or a mixer until it turns out elastic and no longer sticky.
- Cut dough into three pieces, wrap it with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough into a thin layer, you should be able to almost see through it. Let the dough hang or sit flat to dry. If you place it on the counter, turn it over every 5-10 minutes. The dough will be dry, but shouldn’t be too dry to the point of breaking.
- Cut dough to your own preference, or leave it in large sheets for lasagna. My favorite size is fettuccine.