If you want the best-tasting tortillas, you need to make them from scratch, at home. Once you taste thisEasy Tortilla Recipe, you will wonder why you ever used the store bought.
Looking for a over the top filling to put inside your tortillas? Look no further than my Carne Asade recipe!
Making homemade tortillas is extremely easy. If you have ever tried making any of my crepe recipes,The best crepe recipe,Perfect crepes (Cottage Cheese Ukraine or Stuffed Chicken Crepe Pockets, making this easy tortilla recipe is even easier!
As an added bonus, they taste so much better than store bought. You’ll be so proud of yourself for making your own tortillas, you’ll never go back to the store bought version again.
What to Use Tortillas For?
I love tortillas. I can use them for so many recipes.
Or you can even surprise the kids by frying up the tortilla and brushing on melted coconut oil (or butter) and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. If you are feeling extra generous you can even drizzle on a homemade icing.
Variations to Easy Tortilla Recipe
- Whole Wheat – Use whole wheat flour to make these whole wheat tortillas.
- Add garlic or other seasonings
Please tell me how you plan on using them, I would love to hear from you.
Ingredients for Homemade Easy Tortillas
- Baking Powder
How to Make Homemade Tortilla Recipe
Review the recipe directions in the printable before you begin. Start with preparing the ingredients for your dough and having them ready to add to the mixer. This dough is best made with a stand mixer so you can easily add ingredients as directed. Once the dough has formed, you will divide into smaller pieces and roll into circles before cooking.
More Homemade Recipes:
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare ingredients for the recipe.
- Combine dry ingredients together, add in oil slowly while the mixer is going.
- Into the mixture, while the mixer is going, add in water slowly. Continue kneading until the dough isn’t sticky. Let the dough sit for about 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into 16 even pieces. On a well floured surface roll out each piece into a thin round shape.
- On a well floured surface roll out each piece into a thin round shape.
- Preheat skillet to medium hot, cook the tortilla for about one minute on one side and 30 seconds on the other side.
- Keep tortillas wrapped in a towel or a plastic bag until ready to serve.