This Vegetable Zucchini Spread recipe has been my mom’s favorite recipe for 20+ years. She loves to garden, so every year she makes this zucchini spread from the veggies she grows.
We were visiting parents the other day and as always mom wanted to feed Tim. Something about Ukrainian moms trying to feed their kids, every time they visit. Well, he was smitten by this dish, asked me to make it for him.
There are a lot of versions of Vegetable Zucchini Spreads out there, but this recipe has been a staple in our family for years. I hope you get a chance to try it!
Other Spreads to Try
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare all vegetables. They should be diced into roughly one inch cubes.
- Preheat dish with a little bit of oil. Add in onion and carrots to the dish, cook them until they soften.
- Add in bell peppers, tomatoes, zucchini and ketchup. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the veggies on low heat for roughly 60 minutes. Make sure to stir the mixture every few minutes.
- The spread is best served cold. You can store the spread in a fridge for several weeks.