Air fryer steak bites with mushrooms tastes so gourmet, no one will know you made it in a jiff. The tender, juicy beef can fool even the most seasoned foodie.
Air fryer steak bites can be so versatile. We like to add different veggies to the mix to make a full-blown dinner. Today, we will prepare a dish of steak and mushrooms — my husband’s favorite combination!
Whether you are new to the air fryer or seasoned in all its glory, you are going to be SHOCKED at how perfectly you can cook a steak in this appliance. Trust me, I was taken back the first time I tried it out…
The first time I caught wind of the powers of air fryer steak is when I started a keto-friendly diet. Making a good protein can be time consuming, but this recipe will put a healthy meal on the table on even the most hectic weeknight.
So… Can Steak be Cooked in an Air Fryer?
Yes, and it turns out so darn amazing! Typically, tender and flavorful meat requires a lot of TLC. Whether it’s hours spent in the crockpot, smoker, oven or BBQ, when we think delicious meat we assume it’s been slow cooked. But, with the advent of the digital air fryer, you can have tender meat with crispy edges in under 30 minutes. That’s right, it takes a half-of-an-hour to reach perfection! That’s a game-changer.
Hot tip: Stick to fresh cuts of beef. Cooking frozen meat in the air fryer simply doesn’t give you the same results. The meat comes out tougher and less flavorful.
Tips For The Best Air Fryer Steak
- To promote even cooking, cut steak pieces into equal sizes
- Preheat the air fryer basket for a few minutes before adding your steak bites. This will help form a nice, crispy crust.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket! You want each piece of steak to have some space around it so the hot air can reach the full surface. If you must overcrowd the basket, stir the steak every 5 minutes to help promote even cooking.
- Allow your steak to rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting into it. You want all the amazing juices to marinate the meat!
- Add other veggies like zucchini, broccoli, bell peppers and asparagus to the air fryer tray. Mix things up to keep things interesting! This recipe is likely to become a part of your regular dinner rotation.
- Hot tip: Make sure to add the veggies toward the end. They will cook much faster than beef!
- Save money and use a lean cut of beef! You can use flank, chuck roast or sirloin. The air fryer will make even the toughest cuts tender!
How Long Does it Take to Cook Steak in an Air Fryer?
At 400℉ it would take about 10 minutes to cook steak to medium-rare. (Cooking times may change depending on the thickness and cut you choose.) Each air fryer works slightly differently, so the best way to achieve perfect doneness is using a thermometer.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Recipe: Get perfectly crispy brussels sprouts using the air fryer!
- Korean Air Fryer Pork Ribs (Easy): Sweet and savory, these Korean air fryer pork ribs are going to disappear as fast as you can make them.
- 15-Minute Air Fryer French Fries: Love french fries but hate how unhealthy they are? Make them in the air fryer to get all that crispiness without any of the oil.
- Easy Air Fryer Chicken Wings: Chicken wings without the guilt? Sign me up! These air fryer chicken wings are crispy, tender and wonderful tossed in buffalo or BBQ sauce.
Share Some Love ❤️
- Preheat an Air Fryer for 3 minutes at 400 °F. Cut beef into bite size pieces and mushrooms into halves.
- Add Woschester sauce, salt and pepper to the mixture. Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Add beef and mushrooms to the air fryer basket. Air fry it for 5 minutes.
- Remove the basket and toss the steak bites to ensure all the sides are getting nice and crispy.
- Air fry for another 5-7 minutes. Once complete, check to make sure the temperature of the beef reached 145F.