What makes this waffles light and fluffy is the buttermilk. Just like the Russian Pancakes Oladi, it’s always an amazing breakfast turnout.
Now that the waffle iron is back in our house, it’s been busy making crunchy, light and fluffy waffles. This is actually our third waffle iron. The first one was accidentally left at a hotel, while vacationing; the second, I left a waffle in the iron. Don’t ask how it happened, but mold grew and we had to part. Learn from my mistakes and be sure to remove that last waffle.
Other Waffles to Try
Share Some Love ❤️
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks together with one cup of buttermilk.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a separate dish, add to the egg mixture.
- Add the other cup of buttermilk and the melted butter to the ingredients.
- Beat egg whites with sugar until stiff. Add whipped egg whites to the batter, fold to combine together.
- Bake on a waffle iron until golden brown. Serve with fruit, jam, syrup or sour cream.