I often serve waffles for breakfast or dessert, because they’re easy to make and delicious. These Chocolate Waffles are more filling and in a way, feel like having a cake for breakfast. We spend our weekends together as a family, so for us, these waffles made a good start to our day together.
The Chocolate Waffles have a rich chocolate flavor, feel light and skin a nice crust on the outside. You can easily pair them with any fresh fruits or jam.
These waffles freeze well in a ziplock bag, making it an easy breakfast or a snack for another day. BTW, they taste surprisingly good out of a freezer, refreshing for those hot summer days.
Other Breakfasts Options
Share Some Love ❤️
- 3/4 cup Salted Butter
- 5 oz Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 cup White Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- Prepare the ingredients for the waffles.
- In a heavy bottom pan, melt chocolate and butter on a low heat. Into the melted mixture, add sugar and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, whisk eggs together with milk and vanilla extract.
- Into the milk mixtures, slowly add in chocolate mixture. Whisk as you are adding the chocolate.
- In a small bowl, combine flour together with cacao powder and baking powder. Add the flour mixture, in small portions, to the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon the waffle batter into the waffle maker, cook until the outside is crispy.
- Serve waffles warm, with fresh berries, jam or sauce. You can freeze the leftover waffles for those busy mornings.