I often serve waffles for breakfast or dessert, because they’re easy to make and delicious. These Chocolate Waffles are more filling and in a way, feel like having a cake for breakfast. We spend our weekends together as a family, so for us, these waffles made a good start to our day together.
The Chocolate Waffles have a rich chocolate flavor, feel light and skin a nice crust on the outside. You can easily pair them with any fresh fruits or jam.
These waffles freeze well in a ziplock bag, making it an easy breakfast or a snack for another day. BTW, they taste surprisingly good out of a freezer, refreshing for those hot summer days.
Other Breakfasts Options
Share Some Love ❤️
- In a heavy bottom pan, melt chocolate and butter on low heat. Once completely melted, stir in sugar and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs with milk and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the chocolate mixture into the milk mixture, stirring constantly until well-combined.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cacao powder, and baking powder.
- In small portions, add the flour mixture to the chocolate mixture to make the batter.
- Spoon the waffle batter into the waffle maker until each hole is completely filled. Cook until the outside is perfectly crispy.
- Serve chocolate waffles warm with fresh berries, jam, or syrup, or freeze the leftover waffles for a busy morning. Alternately, serve the waffles with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a fun dessert.