Chicken Kotleti are similar to chicken nuggets. They are perfect for snacking or when served with pasta, mashed potatoes or addition of protein to any salad. Kids love them as much, if not more than chicken nuggets.
This recipe makes the most amazing, juicy kotleti. That’s why you see all this beautiful, shiny gloss. Thanks to our good friend, Vera, from Instagram, for sharing such a wonderful recipe.
If you plan on grinding chicken yourself, you can grind all of the vegetables without cleaning the grinder in-between. Great way to multi-use, without having to wash many dishes.
Other Kotleti aka Meatballs Recipes to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- 4 lb Ground Chicken
- 2 Onions
- 1 small Carrot
- 1/2 cup Grated Cheese (mozzarella works great)
- 3 sli Whole Wheat Bread
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Dice one of the onions into tiny pieces and shred carrot. Sautee both together, until they are softened. Blend sauteed vegetables and add them to the meat.
- Blend the other onion using a food processor or a blender. Add it to the chicken.
- In a separate dish, soak bread slices in milk. Using your hand, squeeze out as much milk, out of the bread slice, as you can, and crumble up the bread into the meat mixture. Add cheese into the mixture and season it with salt and pepper.
- Combine all ingredients well together, using your hand, since using utensils wouldn’t do such a great job as the ingredients have to be well combined.
- Form meat patties, about the size of your hand. Fry each side on high, just until they are browned; about a minute.
- Place them in a baking dish, and cover it with a lid or foil wrap. Bake kotleti at 300F for 30 minutes.
- Serve kotleti hot. They can be refrigerated for several days, just reheat before serving.