This quick berry coffee cake is the perfect way to wake up in the morning. The combination of buttery cake and tangy fruit is irresistable!
Last week when I prepared this coffee cake, it was gone within minutes. That weekend, breakfast turned out fancy, my cup of coffee was tastier with this cake and especially kids loved it. They were not very happy when we ran out of the cake, so I figured that I should surprise them again. They loved it!
In this recipe, I am using raspberries, but you can replace them with any other berries. Most stores have a great collection of different berries in a freezer section.
Other Quick Cakes to Try
Share Some Love ❤️
- Allow the butter to sit at room temperature until it softens. In a separate bowl, combine the all-purpose flour and baking powder together.
- In a large bowl, add the butter and sugar and beat it until well-combined and fluffy.
- Stir the vanilla extract and eggs into the butter mixture. Beat until smooth.
- In small portions add in the flour mixture, followed by the milk. Repeat until you run out of flour and milk. Beat until well-combined.
- Spread the cake batter into a buttered 9-inch baking dish. Spread the raspberries on top and sprinkle on 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Bake the cake at 350°F for about an hour, or until golden brown. Allow the cake to cool to room temperature.