Last week when I prepared this coffee cake, it was gone within minutes. That weekend, breakfast turned out fancy, my cup of coffee was tastier with this cake and especially kids loved it. They were not very happy when we ran out of the cake, so I figured that I should surprise them again. They loved it!
In this recipe, I am using raspberries, but you can replace them with any other berries. Most stores have a great collection of different berries in a freezer section.
Other Quick Cakes to Try
Share Some Love ❤️
- Prepare all ingredients, let the batter sit in a room temperature until it's softened. In a separate bowl combine together flour and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, add butter and sugar, beat until well combined and fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and egg to the mixture, beat all together until smooth.
- Into the mixture, In small parts, add in flour mixture, followed by milk. Repeat until you run out of milk and flour.
- Beat until all ingredients are well combined.
- Spread cake mixture in a buttered cake pan, I used 9 inch. Spread berried on top of the batter and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Bake cake at 350F, for about an hour, or until the cake is golden brown. Let it cool to a room temperature.