Ukrainians are known for eating potatoes in almost every one of their meals. Even though I’ve lived longer in U.S. than I have in Ukraine, I still have a weakness for traditional Ukrainian foods. We don’t eat as many potatoes as we used to, but when we do, they are a real treat.
I especially love this dish, because of all the mushroom and bacon flavors, seriously, so delicious. And it’s so easy, I think a 10 year old can make this. Our older is seven, I am looking forward to the age when he can handle a stove and not burn himself.
Enjoy this comfort goodness and I hope this gives you an amazing start to your day.
Other Breakfast Ideas
Share Some Love ❤️
- 5 Potatoes
- 1 lb Mushrooms
- 1/2 large Onion
- Oil for cooking
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Bacon Crisps
- Prepare ingredients for the dish.
- On a oiled skilled, saute cubed onions until they soften and start turning golden color.
- To the onions, add in diced mushrooms and keep heat at medium/high. Saute until the mushrooms start turning golden in color.
- To the skillet, add in cubed potatoes, season with salt. Every few minutes, stir the ingredients so they create that golden crust on all sides.
- Once potatoes are cooked through, add in bacon crisps and stir to combine.
- Serve the dish while it is still hot, although it does reheat very well.