Air Fry Grilled Cheese will forever change the way you make grilled cheese. It is obsessively delicious and totally mess free!
Air Fryer Grilled Cheese is made with just 3 ingredients – bread, cheese and a bit of butter.
The sandwich comes out crispy on the outside, while the inside reaches peak melty and stretchy goodness! Your family is going to love you for this one.
What is an air fryer?
Never used an air fryer before? It’s a hot, new appliance that circulates extremely hot air around food to cook it. The convection-style oven system makes the food extra crispy, without using nearly as much oil as a traditional deep fryer. That means you can enjoy your favorite fried foods with a fraction of the calories!
Tips For The Best Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
- Quality is key. Don’t skimp on the quality of the cheese. The success of the grilled cheese truly depends on it! Don’t be afraid to mix two or three of your favorites.
- Picking the best bread. Country-style bread makes the best grilled cheese. If I have any leftover no-knead bread, I’ll use that as well.
- Everything’s better with butter. Apply butter generously on the outer sides of the bread to make it nice and crispy.
- Prevent spillage. Make sure the cheese is fully on the bread slice so it doesn’t leak over the edges.
- Secure the sando. Pin the sandwich with a toothpick to prevent the top bread from flying off in the air fryer.
- Flip while you fry. Turn the grilled cheese over halfway through to make sure both sides brown.
- Not all air fryers are created equal. Know that your cooking times may vary depending on the air fryer you use.
What to Serve with Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
- Tomato Basil Soup – Nothing compliments a grilled cheese quite like a bowl of tomato soup. Dip your heart away…
- Beet, Carrot and Cabbage Salad – This Ukrainian style coleslaw is a refreshing sidekick for your grilled cheese.
- Air Fryer French Fries – Love fries but hate the guilt? This recipe is for you.
You can store leftover grilled cheese in an airtight container for up to 3-5 days. Reheat in an air fryer before serving. But, to be honest, grilled cheese is best eaten right away!
What is the best air fryer on the market?
There are a ton of different air fryers on the market. Check these two out if you don’t already have one on hand:
- Gourmia 5 Qt Air Fryer – I have been using this air fryer for over a year and I love the functionality. It has a ton of presets for common foods (chicken, fries, steak, bacon, shrimp, etc.), which helps take the guesswork out of how long to cook certain dishes. It’s also super easy to clean, I just pop the basket into a dishwasher.
- Cuisinart TOA-60 Convection Toaster Air Fryer – I haven’t used this one, but I definitely have my eye on it. This is a toaster oven, convection oven and air fryer all-in-one! If any of you snag it, please let me know how you like it in the comments below!
Other Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Steak Bites – Steak…in the air fryer? You read right. It’s tender, juicy and on the table fast.
- Air Fryer Asparagus – Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
- Air Fryer Chicken – Want some quick protein on your salad? This chicken can make that happen.
- Air Fryer Cod – Cod can be so bland and dry. This recipe makes the fish come out moist and flaky each time.
Share Some Love ❤️
- 8 slices of bread
- 16 oz cheese slices
- 4 tbsp softened butter
- Place cheese slices between two pieces of bread. Cut off the enges of cheese thta hang off the sides of the bread.
- Apply butter on the outside of the bread.
- Place it in an air fryer basket, air fry at 380 °F for 7 minutes.
- Flip it over and air fry for 3 more minutes. The sandwich should be golden brown and crispy on the outside. Enjoy!