This smoky bacon macaroni and cheese is decadent, gooey, and good to the last bit. Kid-approved and crazy easy to put together!
Preparing homemade Mac & Cheese has been a no-brainier for many years in our home. With all of the dilemma about branded foods using food coloring in their Mac & Cheese products, we have been sticking to a homemade version. But hey – I might still use food coloring here and there, although the more natural the better. The great thing is that making your own Mac & Cheese is as simple as preparing the “boxed” version.
To pamper it with a kick of flavor, I used smoked Gouda cheese and crispy pieces of bacon. With nicely baked crisp tops, this will become the best Mac & Cheese you have ever drooled over. And, say, if you’re preparing this for kids – you will truly become their hero!
Other Pasta Dishes to Try:
- 16 oz elbow macaroni
- 1 cup cooked bacon chopped
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cup whole milk
- 2 cup half & half
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 2 cup Colby Jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup Smoked Gouda shredded
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook according to the directions on the package, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain well.
- Chop cooked bacon, set aside.
- Using a sauce pan, warm up butter, add flour, whisk until there are no lumps. Add in milk and half & half. Bring to a simmer. Stir in Dijon mustard.
- Add shredded Colby Jack cheese and smoked Gouda cheese.
- Add macaroni into the sauce and stir to combine. To the the macaroni, add in bacon pieces, enjoy.