15 minute Air Fryer Shrimp is one of the best ways to get crispy and juicy shrimp in a pinch. It’s so easy, quick and mess-free. What else can you ask for?
Air fryer shrimp makes for the perfect appetizer or salad topping. You can also use the crispy shrimp for tacos or po’ boys!
Love fried shrimp but not all the calories that come along with it? This recipe is about to be your new secret weapon for maintaining a healthier lifestyle.
Tips for Making Shrimp in The Air Fryer
- Thaw your shrimp. If you are using frozen shrimp, make sure to thaw it completely before air frying. You should also use a paper towel to pat out any additional moisture from the shrimp.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket. It might be tempting to try and shove as many shrimps into the air fryer as possible, but overcrowding will lead to uneven cooking. The air fryer works by circulating extremely hot air around your food, so exposed surface area is key to ultimate crispiness! Lay them in a single layer for best results.
- Use your favorite seasoning. Spice up the flavor by using your favorite all-purpose seasoning salt.
- Flip your shrimps. Halfway through the cooking process, make sure to turn your shrimps. You want to make sure that hot air hits both sides equally!
- Reheat in the air fryer. If you have leftover shrimp you need to reheat, do it in the air fryer. In just a couple minutes, your shrimp will return to it’s crispy state! Microwaving your shrimps will just make them soggy.
- Marinate if you have the time. For an extra punch of flavor, marinate your thawed shrimp overnight.
How Long do you Cook Raw Shrimp in the Air Fryer?
Preheat your air fryer to 400 ℉ and coat the tray with a generous amount of cooking spray. Cook your shrimp for about 7 to 10 minutes. Turn the shrimp halfway through the cooking time to ensure the other side gets crispy.
How do you Know if Shrimp is Undercooked?
When properly prepared, the exterior of your cooked shrimp should be pink with red tails. The flesh will also appear slightly opaque and a little white. The internal temperature should reach 120 ℉.
Hot Tip: Overcooked shrimp will taste rubbery and stiff.
Can I Cook Frozen Shrimp in my Air Fryer?
You definitely can cook frozen shrimp in your air fryer. However, you need to thaw your shrimp first if you are going to bread it.
To cook frozen shrimp with no breading, put shrimp directly in the air fryer basket. Cook at 400 ℉ for 5 minutes (if frozen cooked shrimp) or for 10 minutes (for frozen raw shrimp). Make sure to shake the basket halfway through.
Other Air Fryer Recipes We Love
- Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Tenders: Air fryer chicken tenders are crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. I love making these for my kids instead of buying the packaged varieties that are packed with preservatives and salt.
- Air Fryer Asparagus (So Easy): My husband loves asparagus! This recipe is one of his favorites. It’s packed with bacon and the asparagus gets such a wonderful texture.
- Air Fryer Steak Bites with Mushrooms: Steak in the air fryer?! Oh yeah. Did I mention that it gets perfectly cooked? This recipe is knock-out.
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts Recipe: When brussels sprouts are in season, my family can’t get enough. This recipe is my go-to on a busy weeknight.
- 15-Minute Air Fryer French Fries: If you are anything like me, you love fries but you hate the amount of oil and fat that come along with them. These french fries are guilt-free and so easy to prepare.