Want to make your own Pizza Dough at home? When you make Mom’s Pizza Dough you can have pizza night anytime.
I am listing this as a dough recipe because the topping is really up to your preference. You simply pick and choose from anything that you have at home and make that perfect pizza that your family loves.
I have tried several different pizza dough recipes. I love this one the most for the simplicity of preparation and the texture of the dough. This recipe comes from an “Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day” book.
What to Use Pizza Dough For?
Pizza dough can be used in many ways. Besides the Perfect Pizza, it can be so much more than just pizza
How to Store Pizza Dough
This pizza dough can be stored in a airtight container or plastic wrap. It can be kept in the refrigerator for up to a week or frozen for a few months.
Ingredients for Mom’s Pizza Dough
- Dry Yeast
- Luke Warm Water
- Olive oil
How to Make Mom’s Pizza Dough
Grab the printable recipe below, and measure out all ingredients to have on hand for making this dough fast and easily. You will want to use a stand mixer if possible, as it makes it a much easier recipe to prepare that way. Follow the directions below for mixing the dough and allow it to rise in a covered bowl until ready to make your pizza or store for future use.
When you are ready to make a pizza, you can simply roll the dough out to your preferred thickness. Top with one of our homemade sauces, and your favorite toppings and cheese before baking as directed.
How to Freeze Pizza Dough?
Yes! You can freeze any extra dough for later. Simply divide and wrap well then label. Allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator before use.
More Bread Recipes to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- In a large (6 quart) bowl, using a wooden spoon or a stand up mixer, mix yeast, salt, sugar, olive oil and water.
- To the ingredients, mix in flour. There is no need to knead the dough, just be sure that all flour is mixed in.
- Cover the bowl with plastic and let the dough rise for about two hours.
- Roll out the dough to the thickness of your preference.
- Layer with sauce, cheese and your favorite toppings. See pictures for topping ideas. Bake pizza at preheated oven to 450F, bake for 15-20 min or until golden brown.