This quick and creamy mac and cheese is as delicious as it is simple. 100% kid-friendly and perfect as either a side dish or an entree!
Creamy Mac and Cheese is all that a kid can desire. I don’t mind the pre-boxed mac and cheese once in a while, but the flavors are really not that great. A few months into our marriage, I started craving the homemade version of mac and cheese and my coworker shared her mom’s recipe. It turned out to be just the way I imagined and it became our home staple. I don’t make it often, but when I do, we always enjoy it.
This recipe is pretty simple. If you have all the ingredients at home, you will see that it’s just as easy as the pre-boxed version.
Other Creamy Pasta Recipes
Share Some Love ❤️
- Boil the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Melt the butter in a deep skillet over medium-low heat. Add in the flour, whisking it constantly until it starts to bubble lightly and smell a bit nutty (about 2-3 minutes).
- Slowly whisk in the milk and let the mixture cook for about 5 minutes until the texture turns custard-like. Whisk in the dijon mustard.
- Stir in the cheese until it's all dissolved and creamy.
- Add in the cooked pasta shells and stir until well-combined. Dig in and enjoy!