These wraps are loaded with chicken, bacon, and cheese, smothered in a creamy ranch dressing. It’s perfect for a simple, yet delicious lunch!
There are a variety of chicken options to use for the filling in your chicken ranch wraps. Use what you have on hand for a quick meal, or whip up your favorite chicken for the tastiest wrap.
- Air fryer chicken breast: Get tender, juicy chicken breasts every time with this easy air fryer chicken breast.
- Grilled chicken: Summertime is the perfect time for hosting and grilling chicken. We love making a huge batch of crowd pleasing grilled chicken, then using the leftovers for chicken ranch wraps the next day. It’s a win-win!
- Rotisserie chicken: Rotisserie chicken is popular because it’s convenient to pick up and so versatile. Chop it up or shred it for chicken wraps. To achieve similar rotisserie flavor but in an easy homemade way, make our roasted spatchcock chicken.
- Instant pot chicken: Instant pot chicken is an easy and quick way to make juicy and tender chicken. It’s perfect for shredding and using in wraps.
- Chicken tenders: Air fryer tenders or baked chicken tenders are crispy yet juicy. They’ll add a flavorful breaded crunch to the chicken wrap.
How to Make Chicken Ranch Wraps
This easy chicken wrap recipe is made quickly with a few delightful ingredients. Pack the wrap for work or school and you’ll be counting down the hours till lunchtime!
- Use your chicken of choice: Chop, slice, or shred the chicken of your choice into small pieces. Place the chicken into a medium size bowl.
- Fry and chop the bacon: Fry the bacon using this easy oven method or make air fryer bacon quickly in the air fryer. Once cooled, chop the bacon and mix it in with the chicken.
- Toss the mixture together: Toss the protein with the cheese and your favorite ranch dressing until well combined.
- Fill and roll the tortillas: Place a tortilla on a flat surface. In the center of the tortilla, lay out of lettuce. Place the chicken mixture on top of the lettuce, leaving room around the edges. Fold in the two sides towards the center. Starting from the bottom, tightly roll up the wrap.
- Serve and enjoy: Serve cold or cook both sides on a pan or panini press until golden brown. Enjoy!
Hot tip: Why buy tortillas when you can make your own?! These easy homemade tortillas are soft, flavorful, and perfect to use for wraps.
Useful Wrap Tips
Chicken bacon ranch wraps are totally easy to make, but sometimes getting a tortilla to stay in place takes a little finesse. Use these tips to ensure your wrap doesn’t unravel.
- Warm up the tortillas: Warm up the tortillas in the microwave or on a large skillet on medium heat to make pliable tortillas. This makes them easier to roll without breaking. I picked up this useful tip as a teen working at a fast food restaurant.
- Use a toothpick: An easy way to hold the wrap together is to stick a toothpick through the center.
- Wrap it in aluminum foil: Use aluminum foil to encircle the chicken wrap to secure it.
- Avoid overstuffing: As tempting as it is, avoid overstuffing the wrap. Too much chicken mixture causes the tortilla to unravel.
This wrap is full of delicious chicken and bacon that complements many other flavors. Get creative and make a few additions that will make your taste buds sing and dance.
- Spices: Add fajita seasoning or red pepper flakes to the chicken mixture for a little heat.
- Pickled veggies: Mix in pickles, pickled onions, or pickled jalapenos for an added burst of tangy flavor.
- Fresh veggies: Add your favorite fresh veggies like cucumbers, tomatoes, avocados, etc. for added nutrients and tasty goodness.
- Greens: Amp up your greens by adding romaine lettuce, spinach, or sprouts.
- Cheese: Monterey jack, pepper jack, mozzarella, or cheddar cheese are great options to add for cheesy flavor.
- Dressing: Add a splash of hot sauce to the ranch dressing for a spicy kick. Or, add honey dijon mustard for a sweet and savory flavor. Alternatively, add a splash of this addicting creamy tomatillo dressing.
Hot tip: Make your own decadent light ranch and be impressed with the fresh, rich flavor.
Chicken ranch wraps are delicious and filling on their own. However, if you’re looking for good side options, a simple serving of fruit and veggies is great. Or, take it up a notch and pair them with these appetizing side dishes.
- Soup: Tomato basil soup is a refreshing and savory soup that tastes great with a chicken wrap. Dipping the wrap into the soup is a must!
- Salad: This ultimate garden salad is a light and nutritious side. It adds a variety of textures that complement the chicken wrap.
- Chips: Air fryer potato chips are a quick way to make homemade chips. Serve these irresistible potato chips for a satisfying salty crunch.
- Fries: Homemade french fries are the perfect sidekick for wraps. Season the fries with cajun seasoning for a little heat that pairs well with this creamy, cool wrap.
Prepared chicken wraps and the chicken filling are best stored in the refrigerator for later use. Follow these tips to ensure freshness and optimal flavor.
- Assembled wraps: Store the assembled wraps for up to a day in the refrigerator. Eat them up quickly to avoid them from becoming soggy.
- Chicken ranch filling: Store a batch of chicken ranch filling for up to three days in an airtight container in the fridge. It saves time to have the chicken mixture ready to go when assembling the wraps and preparing lunch.
Other Tasty Lunch Recipes
- Flank Steak Wrap — A nutritious wrap full of steak and veggies
- Philly Cheese Steak Wrap — A finger-licking good, cheesy steak wrap
- Healthy Turkey Lettuce Wraps — A low-carb, quick and satisfying lunch
- Easy Cobb Salad with Tuna — Refreshing cobb salad with a tuna twist
- 3 cups cooked chicken chopped
- 1 cup cooked bacon chopped
- 1 cup Mexican cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce chopped
- 6 large flour tortillas
- Chop chicken into small pieces (use chicken of your choice). Place into a medium sized bowl.
- Add bacon, cheese and ranch. Mix together until well combined.
- Place tortillas on a flat surface, top with equal parts of chopped lettuce and creamy chicken filling.
- Fold the edges over and roll up the wraps tightly. Optionally, serve warm by cooking both sides of the wrap on a pan or in a panini press. Enjoy!