I made this bread the other day and it was just like store bought, but of course tasted better, since it was homemade. We munched through two loafs of bread pretty quickly. This is another simple recipe worth trying.
I love my Kitchen Aid Mixer, its so helpful to knead the dough.
Other Bread Recipes To Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- Mix water with yeast, let it sit for a minute or so. Add sugar and salt. In small portions add flour. If you are using mixer, use dough hook, mix on low speed until the dough comes together in a mass.
- Knead on medium speed for 2 minutes. Dough should clear the sides but stick to the bottom. (If it is too sticky, add 1 tablespoon of flour at a time. If too dry, add 1 tablespoon of water to dough to adjust.) Let dough rest for 5 minutes.
- Turn the mixer on again and mix for 3 minutes. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Let it rise for 1½ hour.
- Divide in half. Roll each portion into a 10-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal.
- Grease pan with oil. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Whisk egg and water; brush over loaves. With a sharp knife, make four shallow slashes across the top of each loaf. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.