The moment I tried a baked duck at my sisters house, I was really overtaken with the flavor. The duck was stuffed with apples, that was very unusual to see, but the apple added this amazing flavor to the duck. Duck meat is, unlike any other meat, juicy and tender. Brown rice works perfect as a stuffing, because it soaks up the fatty juices.
I purchased this duck at Costco. I believe they only sell it during the holidays. The quality was wonderful. I plan to buy a few more in a near future.
Share Some Love ❤️
- Combine mayonnaise together with garlic, onion and seasoning.
- Rinse duck, dry with a paper towel. Rub duck with the sauce mixture and cover it with a plastic wrap. Let duck marinate overnight.
- Remove excess marinate from the duck. Clean and chop the carrots into large chunks. Slice the apple into 8 pieces. Stuff the duck with rice. Place the carrots and apple pieces inside and close to the skin; this way it will be easier to remove it and flavor will go directly to the meat.
- Bake duck at 300F for about 90 minutes, until it is golden brown on the outside.
- Before service, remove as much apple and carrot pieces, as possible. Serve hot…yumm yumm!!!