The moment I tried a baked duck at my sisters house, I was really overtaken with the flavor. The duck was stuffed with apples, that was very unusual to see, but the apple added this amazing flavor to the duck. Duck meat is, unlike any other meat, juicy and tender. Brown rice works perfect as a stuffing, because it soaks up the fatty juices.
I purchased this duck at Costco. I believe they only sell it during the holidays. The quality was wonderful. I plan to buy a few more in a near future.
Share Some Love ❤️
- In a medium bowl, combine the mayonnaise, garlic, onion, and seasoning.
- Rinse the duck and dry it with a paper towel. Rub the duck with the mayo mixture and cover it tightly with plastic wrap. Allow it to marinate in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, wipe off the excess marinade from the duck. Clean and chop the carrots into large chunks and slice the apple into about eight slices. Stuff the duck with rice and place the carrots and apple slices on top (this will make it easier for you to remove them after baking).
- Bake the duck at 300°F for about 90 minutes, or until it turns golden brown on the outside.
- Before slicing, remove as much of the carrots and apples as possible. Slice, serve, and enjoy!