My boys love their oatmeal for breakfast, but prefer cheesy sandwiches after school. There are a few more meals my boys love, which I haven’t shared because they’re too simple. I will be sharing them in the upcoming weeks.
This concept is attached to my childhood memories, when my mother used to heat bread in butter; and boy did we loved it! This sandwich is obviously more rich than just bread and butter, yet it’s effortless and quick to prepare.
Please share your kids’ favorites with me! Maybe I can surprise my boys with something new 🙂
Other Sandwiches to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- 1 lb Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 small Onion
- Salt to taste
- 1 Bread Loaf
- 2 cup Cheddar Jack or Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 tbsp Butter
- Dice mushrooms into small pieces. Preheat oiled skillet to to a medium high, sautee mushrooms on it until golden brown.
- Dice onion into half rings, add to sauteed mushrooms. Cook until onions will turn golden brown, season with salt, and set aside.
- Splice bread into 1/4 of an inch thickness. Place mushroom mixture on a bread slice, followed by cheese and covered by another bread slice.
- Preheat skillet with butter to a medium-low, place sandwiches on a skillet and turn the heat on low. As soon as the side is golden brown, flip the sandwich over to the other side. You may want to cover the skillet with a lid to help the cheese melt.
- Serve while the cheese is still melted.