Bruschetta is one of my favorite sandwiches. Typically it’s toasted bread with garlic, olive oil and loaded with veggie as topping. This sandwich is more on healthier side and looks very colorful. Even though bruschetta sandwiches originated from Italy, it still reminds of home. When we were little, my mother would toast leftover bread with oil, load it with garlic and serve it to us with fresh veggies from the garden.
Share Some Love ❤️
- 1 Baguette
- 2 cup Cherry Tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium Avocado, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup Onions, diced
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Pepper, to taste
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven on broiler setting. Slice baguette into 1.5 inch slices.
- Place slices of bread on baking sheet, spray with olive oil and sprinkle with some sea salt. Broil each side for about 3 minutes (or until golden), flip to the other side and do the same.
- Remove bread from oven, rub each side with garlic.
- Combine all veggies together, sprinkle with lemon, some salt and pepper. Toss all together.
- Top each bread piece with a mixture of veggies.
- Serve right away while they are fresh.