So why would you want to buy a whole chicken, when there is plenty of chicken sold in cut pieces? Well, in most cases, organic chicken, sold as a whole, costs almost 1/2 of the cost in price. In addition, the backbone of the chicken is the best for soups, and they aren’t sold in separately stores.
Here’s a trick to make splitting chicken a lot easier.
Chicken Recipe Ideas:
Share Some Love ❤️
- 1 Chicken
- Start by removing legs, find a space that connects thigh with breast, cut the skin so you can see the bone on the inside.
- Bend the thigh to pop the bone, until you see the joint, then proceed to cut the joint using a knife.
- To separate drumstick from the thigh, see the fat line, this is where you should cut with a knife.
- As for the wings; using your finger, get a feeling to where the joint is and cut through to separate it.
- To separate the back bone from breast, turn the chicken to its side to see a fat line; cut trough it using scissors.
- To separate the breast, first, make a small cut in between the breast. Turn the breast over, applying hand pressure, break the bone. Now, it should be easy to cut the breast into two pieces.
- This should be the result of your easy work 🙂