This homemade cheese couldn’t be any easier to whip up. With just 4, simple ingredients, you’ll get an irresistibly tasty block of cheese!
Close friends of mine know that I have a thing for cheese. Any time we’re on a cruise, I first check into the dinner buffet to pick out a slice of every existing cheese. Isn’t it awesome that they don’t limit you on food? But then you end up paying for it with calories or lots and lots of stairs exercise. Hmm… I might of gotten carried away with the cruise, here.
But who knew that making delicious homemade cheese is so easy? I am so glad that a friend of mine was kind enough to share this recipe. This cheese recipe is a keeper.
Other Cheese Recipes to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- In a large pot, bring the milk to a boil over medium-heat. Stir the milk occasionally so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the salt. Whisk in the sour cream until the mixture is smooth and even.
- As you continuously stir, pour the egg mixture into the boiling milk. Let the mixture cook for 7 minutes, stirring it every so often to prevent sticking.
- Line a colander with cheesecloth and pour the mixture through.
- Gather the cloth around the cheese and squeeze out as much of the milk as you can. Place the cheesecloth-wrapped cheese on a plate and place something heavy on top to weigh it down. Allow it to sit for at least 5 hours.
- Refrigerate the cheese until you're ready to use it. Enjoy!