Close friends of mine know that I have a thing for cheese. Any time we’re on a cruise, I first check into the dinner buffet to pick out a slice of every existing cheese. Isn’t it awesome that they don’t limit you on food? But then you end up paying for it with calories or lots and lots of stairs exercise. Hmm… I might of gotten carried away with the cruise, here.
But who knew that making delicious homemade cheese is so easy? I am so glad that a friend of mine was kind enough to share this recipe. This cheese recipe is a keeper.
Other Cheese Recipes to Try:
Share Some Love ❤️
- Pour milk into a pot and bring it to a boil over medium heat. Stir milk occasionally, so it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Whisk eggs together with salt. Whisk in sour cream until you get a smooth, even texture.
- Pour egg mixture into the boiling milk and cook while stirring, for another 7 minutes.
- Line a colander with a cheesecloth and pour milk through the cloth.
- Gather the cloth around the cheese and squeeze out as much of the whey as you can. Place cheese on a plate and press with something heavy on the top. Leave cheese pressed for at least five hours.
- Cheese can be refrigerated for up to a week.