Easy Ground Beef Tacos only take 20 short minutes to whip up. This quick and satisfying recipe is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
Taco Tuesday is easily the best night of the week. Whip up a big pan of ground beef, bust out all your favorite toppings and gather your family around the table for a do-it-yourself dinner night.
How to Make Ground Beef Tacos
These ground beef tacos come together in a cinch and only require one pan to make. This means minimal mess and clean up and more time to enjoy a meal with your loved ones. Follow the simple steps below and have a taco in your hand in no time:
- Brown the ground beef and season to taste with taco seasoning.
- Set ground beef aside and prepare all your toppings.
- Warm your tortillas on the stovetop or in the microwave. Nestle a hefty scoop of ground beef in the tortilla and add your toppings of choice.
- Serve right away!
Ingredient Alert: On the hunt for a go-to taco seasoning? Check out taco seasoning by McCormick — it’s our family favorite!
What Are The Best Toppings For Tacos
Taco night means having it your way. Fill the table with all your favorite veggies, sauces and cheeses — just make sure to not stuff your tacos so much that you can’t fit them in your mouth!
- Cheese – Shredded Mexican cheese, cheddar cheese, cojita cheese or pepper jack work great for tacos.
- Veggies – Pickled onions, tomatoes, lettuce, avocado, cilantro and jalapeno.
- Sauce – Guacamole, salsa, sour cream and pico de gallo, and hot sauce.
- Filling Alternatives – If you don’t eat beef, feel free to substitute with ground turkey or chicken.
What ground beef is best for tacos?
Use a leaner ground beef to prevent your tacos from getting too soggy or greasy. 80/20 or 90/10 are both great options.
Do you drain meat before adding taco seasoning?
Remove as much grease from the pan that your can or simply use a slotted spoon to scoop the beef out. You could also place the beef in a metal colander to allow it to drain.
How to make low-carb taco?
Pick up a head of romaine lettuce from the store and use the large outer leaves as a substitute for tortillas. Not only is this option low-carb, it’s crunchy and refreshing!
What sides go best with tacos?
Eat tacos all on their own or whip up a full Mexican spread with refried beans, Spanish rice and chips and guacamole. Sometimes we even whip up some margarita mocktails for a sweet and icy drink to enjoy with the kids. There’s nothing wrong with a little weekday family fiesta!
Making Ground Beef Tacos In Advance
Ground beef tacos are a great option for a make ahead meal. Whether you’re hosting a slumber party for your kid or having friends over for game day, you can prepare much of the meal in advance and save yourself work the day-of.
- Chop – Chop all the veggies and topping that you plan to serve with your tacos. Keep them in individual containers that are sealed airtight.
- Cook – Cook ground beef and place it in an airtight container. It can be easily reheated in the microwave. Bonus: The longer the taco filling marinates in the fridge, the more flavorful it will get!
- Assemble – Only assemble tacos right before serving. Better yet, have everyone make their own, then sit back and relax.
A Few More Mexican Favorites
Can’t get enough Mexican food in your life? Us either. Check out a couple of our favorite recipes below:
- Carne Asada Tacos – This carne asada recipe is absolutely to die for.
- Mexican Stuffed Peppers – A fun and easy weeknight dinner or pack away lunch option.
- Tortilla Salad Recipe – A crispy salad atop a warm tortilla is the perfect weekend lunch.
- Instant Pot Chili – This quick and easy Instant Pot Chili comes together so quickly but tastes like it has been slow cooking for hour.
Share Some Love ❤️
- Preheat a frying pan on medium-high heat. Add beef to the pan and season with taco seasoning. Stir beef frequently, ensuring to break it apart as it cooks.
- Place cooked beef in a bowl and set it aside. Chop, prepare and gather all your toppings.
- Preheat tortillas on a stovetop or in the microwave. Add ground beef, followed by cheese and toppings of choice.
- Serve tacos right away!