Cheeseburger Sliders come together so easily. Packed with rich, beefy flavor and cheese, these little burgers will disappear quicker than it took you to make them.
We partnered with Beef. It’s What’s for Dinner. on behalf of the Beef Checkoff to show you how to make sliders for your tailgating party at home.
Enjoying the game from home means you get to show off your culinary skills and stretch your dollar further than ordering out. And, when it comes to “tailgating” at home, you can rest assured that all of your guests are going to be happy snacking on beefy sliders.
In fact, with 86 percent of social eaters agreeing beef is good for social gatherings, serving up sliders is truly a no brainer.
And, let’s be honest here, beef and game day go hand-in-hand. I mean, the sound of beef sizzling on the grill is about as important as football itself, right?! Pop on your team’s jersey and let’s get started!
How to Make Cheeseburger Sliders
Tips for The Best Cheeseburger Sliders
- Use leaner ground beef. Use your favorite ground beef variety such as 93% lean.
- Check the internal temperature. Ground Beef should be cooked to 160°F doneness. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature to take the guesswork out of the equation.
- Bust out all the usual suspects. Pickles, pickled onions, lettuce, tomatoes, ketchup and mayonnaise are all you need to make the perfect, classic slider.
- Use a jar lid to shape sliders to ensure your patties are uniform. This will also help you make sure your patties cook evenly.
- Make a dimple in the patties to help them cook more evenly.
- Toast your bread on the grill. Make your life easier and toast the bread towards the end of your burger grilling or right after.
Best Bread for the Sliders
While the star of the sliders is beef, you will want to get good quality buns to take the show all the way home. In most grocery stores you can find mini-cheeseburger buns. However, if you can’t, snag some Hawaiian Sweet Rolls or make your own mini brioche buns.
Hot Tip: Make your sliders low-carb or gluten-free by wrapping them with lettuce leaves instead. Grab a head of iceberg and use the thickest leaves.
Make Cheeseburger Sliders in Advance
If you’re planning on having a lot of guests over, you’ll want to do as much prep ahead of time as you can. Prepare your Ground Beef and shape your patties, cover and put them in the refrigerator. Then, chop up all the toppings. Once your guests arrive, cook the patties to order so they are hot and fresh.
A Few Beefy Recipes
- Carne Asada Street Tacos – Top these juicy, steak tacos with pickled onions, cheese, cilantro, and fresh salsa.
- Shish Kabobs – There’s nothing like grilling up a rainbow of veggies. These healthy skewers are perfect for a light, summertime dinner.
- Baked Steak And Vegetables – Popping everything in one pan and shoving it into the oven has never tasted so good.
- Beef & Broccoli – Perhaps the most beloved Chinese takeout dish. Tender beef and broccoli never gets old.
- 1 lb lean Ground Beef (93% or leaner)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 slider buns
- 2 slices cheddar cheese cut into quarters
- In a medium bowl, combine Ground Beef with Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Break beef into 8 equal-sized pieces and form them into 1/2 inch thick patties.
- Place patties on the grill and cook for about 5 minutes on each side or to 160°F when a thermometer is placed in the center of the patty. During the last minute of grilling, top off each patty with cheddar cheese for easy melting.
- Serve on your favorite slider buns. If you like, toast the buns right on the grill for a minute or so while you are finishing off the patties.
That little bit of worcestershire sauce really deepens the flavor in these sliders. So delicious!
Jen, yes, it does make a difference. Thank you!
Served these for dinner last night and they were a hit all around the table! Easily, my kids new favorite meal!
Sara I am glad you enjoyed the recipe. It is always the best compliment when kids love a recipe!
Good call on the Hawaiian bread. The sliders were fantastic!
Right?! Gotta love Hawaiian rolls they add a delicious sweet note. I'm glad you enjoyed the sliders.